This is a guide for you, we hope it helps. Obviously every moving situation is different, but hopefully this gives you some useful information.
Six weeks before the move:
- If your accommodation is rented, notify your landlord.
- Check your home insurance covers you from your moving date.
- If you need storage space, book this now.
- Advise your utility companies.
- Organise possessions that you no longer require. If you will need new furniture, carpets etc. place the order and arrange a delivery date.
Two weeks before the move:
- If you are packing yourself start to sort non-essential items, such as books and clothes etc.
- De-register from your doctor, dentist and optician. Register with new healthcare providers.
- Inform the Bank, DVLA, National Insurance, Inland Revenue, EU Health Insurance, Passport Office, Council, TV Licensing and TV viewing provider.
- Arrange for your mail to be re-directed.
- Advise your milkman and newsagents of the last day for delivery.
- If you need your children and/or pets to be looked after during the move, arrange this now.
- Send out change of address details to all of your contacts.
- Arrange a collection time for keys to your property.
- Do any light fittings need to be disconnected?
Day before the Move:
- Drain your houseplants.
- Defrost the fridge and freezer.
- Remove the fuel from lawnmowers and other power equipment.